A good antidote to the seething anger that thoughts of politics and current affairs engenders within me: a meaningless net-meme!
Here’s how it works: Set your playlist to random and choose your favorite line from each of the first twenty songs that come up and then make all your friends guess what the songs are. Avoid lyrics that give the title, obviously.
For the sake of fairness, I guess I’ll skip over the tons of instrumentals that are sure to come up, and just do 20 songs with lyrics. Be warned, however, that this will be an eclectic mix, with some obscure stuff.
Here we go:
1. “I won’t forget all the times I waited patiently for you, as you do just what you choose to do”
2. “Radio, video…boogie with a suitcase…you’re living in a disco…forget about the rat race.”
3. “I’m not braggin’ on myself, baby, but I’m the one who loves you, and there’s no-one else.”
4. “Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding…”
5. “So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry and you want to die.”
6. “Don’t take the fire from your eyes, must make them feel the heat. They build castles underground for the rich politic elite.”
7. “For the first time in the history of the world, a young girl climbed into a tree one day. She climbed down from the tree next day–God bless her.”
8. “I keep your picture on the wall…it hides a nasty stain that’s lying there.”
9. “Try to make ends meet, you’re a slave to money, then you die.”
10. “Echoing reverberations…I am now remembering your kiss is a dream…Elations extreme.”
11. “…and love is a stranger who’ll beckon you on. Don’t think of the danger, or the stranger is gone.”
12. “I won’t tear the sack up…Punk you’d better back up…Try and play the role and yo the whole crew will act up.”
13. “Don’t want to leave you really. I’ve invested too much time to give you up that easy to the doubts that complicate your mind.”
14. “Never gonna stop, give it up. Such a dirty mind.”
15. “Close the city, and tell the people that something’s coming to call…”
16. “My mind is clearer now. At last, all to well, I can see where we all soon will be.”
17. “There’s dancing behind movie scenes, behind the movie scenes – Sadi Rani”
18. “…And then there’s those other things which for several reasons we won’t mention.”
19. “When I looked in her eyes they were blue but nobody home”
20. “I miss him…that man I almost met. How can it be that we shared a secret?”
Wow. That is a strange mix. Have at it, folks.