- We had two of our best performances on Sunday: the 3:30 pub show (where we made beer come out of a womans nose), and the 5:40 Mermaid show (where a former performer with an infectous laugh had the entire audience’s energy up).
come out on Saturday in a courtesan gown and see our show. Hubba-hubba!
- Doing “the bump” with
during Saturday’s Closing Gate. Photographic evidence here.
take pictures of our show! Here they are: The four of us, Erasmus portrays Queen Gertrude, “Here Hamlet, take this hand from me.”, “Aie! Security! Somebody call nueve-uno-uno!”, It’s the end – everybody’s dead.
- Doing “the bump” with
- Pathetic crowds. Worst I’ve seen. I didn’t get an official tally from Front Gate, but I’d be surprised if we saw 3,000 people per day. The lanes were empty, and we even had to cancel a show on Saturday (the 1:20 on the Robin Hood stage) due to ZERO patrons in the area.
- The people that were there were really low-energy, which made it difficult to really “pop” during the performances. It really made the patrons who were excited and participatory stand out, though, which was neat.
- The cast is still losing people every weekend.
- Getting lectured by one of the Stone Church Clique in the lanes for using the word “Maestro-bation” in a coversation with another performer. “In Sooth”, she warned, “We will not use that word again, for it is ill-willed.” No, dumbass. It is a bit of friendly teasing of somebody I’ve known for years, for a tendency that he himself admits (committing “actorbation” ). If I was going to be “ill willed”, I would’ve said something about how his tendency to craft scenarios and characters almost entirely for the amusement of his friends is a big part of what is making this festival a pale shadow of what it once was. Now fuck off and go back to being a princess of an imaginary country. (Yeah, it pissed me off, but I was so stunned that she’d break character for such bullshit that I let it go by without responding.)
- Watching the E.D. publicly criticize “Get Shrewed” in Morning Meeting for cancelling one of their performances on Saturday. Huh….let’s see: Get Shrewed, Chess Match, Robin Hood Scenario, Swill Pond fight, The Jolly Rogers and Fight Direction for scenario….yeah, it’s a really smart idea to piss off people who are responsible for a huge chunk of your entertainment. I don’t know what the hell he was thinking.
Here’s hoping for an upswing in attendence, and more energetic patrons!