So, time for a goofy meme-thing. No, I’m not going to participate in the whole “tell me how cool I am” thing, because, bluntly, I don’t want to find out that people think I’m less cool than I *think* that they think I am. I need my illusions, damn it. :)
So, instead we have the RPG meme, taken from
1. What is the first RPG you ever played?
Oddly enough, it wasn’t D&D. I actually got the original version of TSR’s TOP SECRET 6 months before I got D&D (I’ve always been a James Bond nut, and it was a birthday present from my best friend).
2. What RPG do you currently play most often?
Unless you count immersing myself on a day-to-day basis in D20 rules as part of my job, I suppose the answer would be LORD OF THE RINGS.
3. What is the best system you’ve played?
I’ve always been a big fan of playing D&D in all of it’s incarnations. I haven’t done a lot of playing 3rd edition, so I guess I’ll say 2nd ed. has been my best playing experience.
4. What is the best system you’ve run?
Victory Games’ JAMES BOND 007 RPG from the early 80s. I’ve yet to see it topped.
5. Would you consider yourself an: Elitist/ Min-Maxer/ Rules Lawyer?
Not sure what is meant by “Elitist”, but I’m not a Min-Maxer or a Rules Lawyer, either.
6. If you could recommend a new RPG which would you recommend? Why?
From what I’ve heard from folks, WEAPONS OF THE GODS from Eos looks like it’s gonna rock on toast.
7. How often do you play?
Weekly, as of late. (Yay! Thank you to my LOTR group!)
8. What sort of characters do you play? Leader? Follower? Comic Relief? Roll-Player/ Role-Player?
Role-player. I get into my character, and do shit that makes sense for the character, even if I know I’m gonna get screwed in the process.
9. What is your favorite Genre for RPGs?
Fantasy. I enjoy the sense of wonder. Doesn’t matter if it’s swords-and-sorcery, historical fantasy, space fantasy, whatever.
10. What Genres have you played in?
All of them. :)
11. Do you prefer to play or GM? Do you do both?
I love both, but I seem to GM more than anything else.
12. Do you like religion in your games?
Kind of a stupid question….if it makes sense for the setting, sure. If it’s part of the story, sure. Otherwise, who cares?
13. Do you have taboo subjects in your games or is everything “fair game”?
Depends on the folks I’m playing with…I try to respect other people’s boundaries.
14. Have you developed your own RPG before?
Some of you have bought them, so the answer here is yes.
15. Have you ever been published in the Gaming Industry? If so…what?
Haven’t done a complete list in a while, so here goes:
- PERIPHERY: Science Fiction Roleplaying on the Edge, Epitaph Studios, 1994
- AGE OF EMPIRE: A Roleplaying Game of Mad Victorian Fantasy, Epitaph Studios 1996
- HONG KONG ACTION THEATRE! Cinematic Action RPG, Event Horizon Productions, 1996
- IMMORTAL: SERENADES, Precedence Publishing, 1996
- HKAT! FILM FESTIVAL #1, Event Horizon Productions, 1997
- TO LIVE AND DIE IN HK, Event Horizon Productions, 1997
- THE TRIAD SOURCEBOOK, Event Horizon Productions 1998
- STAR TREK: THE WAY OF KOLINAHR, Last Unicorn, 1999
- GURPS TRAVELLER: STARPORTS, Steve Jackson Games, 1999
- UNDERWORLD: THE ADVENTURE GAME OF SUBTERRANEAN FANTASY, Synister Creative Systems, 2000
- DEADLANDS: HELL ON EARTH–THE SHATTERED COAST, Pinnacle Entertainment Group, 2000
- UNKNOWN ARMIES: HUSH HUSH–THE SLEEPERS SOURCEBOOK, Atlas Games, 2000
- WEIRD WAR II: HELL IN THE HEDGEROWS, Pinnacle Entertainment Group, 2001
- THE LEGACY OF ZORRO, Gold Rush Games, 2001
- FVLMINATA: ARMED WITH LIGHTNING, Thyrsus Games, 2002
- BLUE DRAGON, WHITE TIGER, Guardians of Order, 2002
- SKULL & BONES, Green Ronin/Adamant Entertainment, 2003
- BUCCANEERS & BOKOR (PDF support zine for SKULL & BONES–3 issues so far), Adamant Entertainment 2003-2004
- WYRD IS BOND, Key20, 2004
- CORSAIR: THE DEFINITIVE D20 GUIDE TO SHIPS, (PDF) Adamant Entertainment 2004
I’ve also got of bunch of stuff that I’ve already completed and have been paid for, but which haven’t been released yet–but I won’t list those because the question says “published” (past tense).
There ya have it. More than you needed to know, I’m sure.
2 Replies to “Meme of choice…”
Well, since you’re not going to ask – I’ll tell you anyway.
You rock my socks, yes you do. You’re one of the best things to happen to KCRF in a long time. And you make a very sweet lady very happy which it cool.
But I guess I already told you that, huh?
Aieeee!!! Compliments!! FLEE! FLEEEEE!!!