Select lyrics from 25 songs on your shuffled playlist and see who can guess the songs correctly:
1. ….and love is a stranger who’ll beckon you on. Don’t think of the danger, or the stranger is gone.
2. But if I can’t swim after 40 days, and my mind is crushed by the crashing waves….
3. They don’t gotta burn tha books they just remove ’em, while arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells.
4. For if we don’t find the next little girl, I tell you we must die.
5. ..and the night feels the same as a cool hot summers climb / With the voice comes no shame as the walker walks the line.
6. Cryin’ on the corner, waitin’ in the rain. I swear I’ll never, ever wait again. You gave me your word..but words for you are lies.
7. In the empire of the senses, you’re the queen of all you survey.
8. …and just because I call you up, don’t get me wrong, don’t think you’ve got it made.
9. Your god is dead, and no-one cares.
10. First I’m gonna make it, then I’m gonna break it ’till it falls apart.
11. Your kisses are as wicked as an M-16, and you fuck like a volcano, and you’re everything to me.
12. Friends, take control of me / Stalking cross’ the gallery
13. Blood on her skin / Dripping with Sin / Do it again
14. Ms. Cristina drives a nine four four / Satisfaction oozes from her pores
15. I don’t want somebody to love me / Just give me sex whenever I want it
16. It’s like the world has lost its head, and it’s like all the prophets said…But will we arise to a new world?
17. The purest eyes and the strongest hands / I love the ground on where he stands
18. Windmill, Windmill for the land / Love forever hand in hand / Take it all in on your stride / It is sinking falling down.
19. Synthetic ecstasy, when her legs are open / True Love behind a wall / Where men and angels fall
20. It’s getting late to give you up / I took a sip from the devil’s cup
21. You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex
22. Bring my timing in, seagulls gather on the wind / Lady screaming, lady leave me out
23. ..and the people in the houses all went to the university, where they all get put in boxes, and they all come out the same.
24. My parents they have their religion, but sleep in separate houses.
25. Hear the sons of the city and dispossessed / Get down, get undressed
7 Replies to “25 lyrics Meme”
Sadly, there’s only two I can actually name, though there are several, that I’m doing the *head desk* thing because I KNOW THEM! ARGH!
4. Whiskey Bar
23. Little Boxes
I only know 1: #4 is Whiskey Bar by The Doors. But the rest are very intruiging.
2-Flood by Jars of Clay
12-Club Foot by Kasabian
20-Toxic by Britney Spears (or Nickle Creek, as that’s what’s currently playing on my iTunes)
21-The District Sleeps Alone by The Postal Service
24-Road to Joy by Bright Eyes (took me forever to figure that one out)
6. Harden my Heart, by Quarterflash
7. Love is the Seventh Wave, by Sting
17. Black is the Color, by… well, probably more than one person.
I feel like I should know more, but
#4 – Alabama Song by Brecht. Or the Doors cover.
#7 Seventh Wave by Sting
#23 Little Boxes by Pete Seeger
14 David and David-Welcome to the Boomtown.
25 – Lucretia My Reflection by the Sisters of Mercy
13 – Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie
9 – Heresy by teh Nine Inch Nails