OK, as I see it, I’m pretty good with this (combining Aaron and Dave’s suggestions):
• Privacy-locked LJ group blog created. (Still need a name for this — suggestions?)
• Each member picks one day of the week. That’s their posting day, and theirs alone.
• Each member then decides on posting frequency: monthly, biweekly, or weekly.
• Posts could be anything up to 5k or so, emailed to participants (or posted to the LJ, if you prefer — although I’m leaning towards Dave’s suggestion of emailed manuscripts with the comments and discussion being held on the LJ).
• Each member should be expected to comment on at least three submissions a month, and to do so within three or four days of their being posted.
Am I forgetting anything, or is there anything else that people would like to add or bring up for discussion?