We open on Saturday, and then it’s a 7-weekend rollercoaster ride, followed by our wedding immediately afterward.
I’ll be posting my traditional “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” weekend-by-weekend wrap-ups, of course.
Thoughts, after attending Site Day and the final Chess Match rehearsals this past weekend:
- The energy out there is noticeably more bawdy than it has been in years. This is a good thing. The DisneyJesus Festival is no more?
- The Chess Match will rock….barring any total flake-outs. I’m still not 100% convinced that a couple of the “problem performers” won’t just quit part-way into the run.
- My confidence is waaaaaaaaaaay up. I feel better (and, apparently, look better, or so I’m being regularly told) than I have in a while. Playing Casanova (Supernova, ChevyNova) will be a blast-and-a-half. I do, however, still have some nagging doubts (this is ME, after all) — will I be able to physically do it? The new boots (and the dropped weight) make things better on my ankles, but I still get post-activity pain in the evenings. I need to force myself to sit when I can. I don’t need to be standing all the time.
- I’m still missing the focus of a stage show. Ah, well.
- Current weather forecast for Labor Day weekend: only a 30% chance of scattered storms Saturday and Sunday, highs in the upper 70s. Sunny and low 80s on Monday.