Taking a meme-break….
Taking a break from Adamant stuff (and dealing with asshats on my LJ comments) for a nice little meme:
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
It wouldn’t qualify as “building”, but I’d like to own an apartment in NYC (Upper West Side).
2. YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Sadly, I don’t really have one. I’m pretty “meh” about all of my clothes.
3. LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
Scissor Sisters – Scissor Sisters. BRILLIANT. Bowie meets Elton John meets Daft Punk…sorta.
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
10-ish. (Stop looking at me like that. I don’t go to bed until 3.)
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Our new Crock Pot. I made a slow-cooked Corned Beef the other night which was KILLER.
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I play a few, but none as well as I’d like. I’m too much of a dabbler. I’d really love to play any one of them really, really well.
7. FAVORITE COLOR?
8. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
Subway. :) OK, OK….given the choice above….Sports car, I guess.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?
“The Monster At the End of This Book.” Can’t beat Grover, man.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
15. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO.
Jennifer Nelson, one of my best friends from High School, who I lost touch with, and, due to the curse of a common name, is un-searchable.
16. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
17. WHAT’S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR/TRUCK?
Roadside emergency repair kit.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
19. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR PAST?
We’ve all thought about it, but you get into that whole “we are the sum of our past” thing, so no.
20. WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PERFECT TRIP?
Fly to the UK, spend a few weeks visiting friends, and then spend a month or so bouncing around Europe.
21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM?
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HISTORICAL PERSONAGE?
My reaction to that question is “what period?” But if I had to narrow it down: Christopher Marlowe.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Plain ol’ no-frills boiled Lobster.
24. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
June 13th, 1969
25. THREE COOL WEBLINKS:
Lost Bands of the New Wave Era: A music blog, which puts up an MP3 from a forgotten New Wave band every week. Also links to other music blogs devoted to other obscure and eclectic stuff.
Chris Kalb’s HERO PULP website: A good introductory site covering the hero pulps of the 30s and 40s. His Doc Savage pages are particularly keen.
Jin Yong Reading Room: Fan translations of Chinese wuxia novels by the top writer in the genre, Jin Yong (aka Louis Cha).