1. What does your LiveJournal headline mean?
“Thoughts and Ramblings from Writer/Game Designer Gareth-Michael Skarka” Um….because that’s what it is….
2. Elaborate on your default photo:
Headshot of me, taken in Three Lion’s Grove at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival during the 2005 season.
3. What’s your middle name start with?
Technically, I don’t have a middle name. I didn’t know this until High School however, when I got a look at my birth certificate. My folks had intended my middle name to be “Michael”, but the hospital had put both “Gareth” and “Michael on the line for “first name” — so I started hyphenating it.
4. What is your current relationship status?
Life partner with
5. What EXACTLY are you wearing right now?
Blue shorts, Grey T-Shirt with “Boothbay Harbor” over the left breast.
6. What is your current problem?
Too much drama. WAY too much.
7. What do you love most
My family — both the genetic one, and the chosen tribe.
8. What makes you most happy?
Being in the company of friends.
9. Are you musically inclined?
10. If you could go back in time, and change something, what would it be?
Prevent the 9/11 attacks — one, because it would save thousands of people (including the ones I knew), and two, because it would take away the fuel that the American Taliban has used for their power-grab.
11. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day, what would you be?
A hawk or falcon — powerful flyer.
12. Ever have a near death experience?
Of the “tunnel of light” variety, no. If you mean standing at the brink, knowing that one choice will result in my death? Yes.
13. Name an obvious quality you have?
14. What’s the name of the song that’s stuck in your head right now?
Iron Maiden’s “The Number of the Beast”, which I posted earlier today in honor of 6/6/06.
15. Who did you cut and paste this from?
16. Name someone with the same b-day as you:
William Butler Yeats.
17. Have you ever vandalized someone’s private property?
18. Have you ever been in a fight?
19. Have you ever sang in front of a large audience?
Yes — I’ve performed in a band, and also was in a few musicals.
20. What’s the first thing you notice about the OPPOSITE sex?
21. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
I don’t, usually. But on those few occasions when I have, Chai.
22. Do you have a crush on anybody from your friends list?
23. Ever had a drunken night in Mexico?
Yeah…and it was really cool, because I ended up punching out a cop, and….. Oh, wait. That wasn’t me.
24. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
The one that I get the most is Clancy Brown.
25. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?
My favorite show (Doctor Who) was begun as a children’s show, so I would say that probably qualifies.
26. Did you have braces?
Oh, hell yes. For 3 years. Bleah.
27. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes. My weight? Not so much.
28. [There is no Question 28]
I hate shit like this.
29. Do you speak any other languages?
I have passable ability in several, owing to my interest in languages in general.
30. What’s your favorite smell?
The Atlantic Ocean.