- The complete run of Alien Legion (vol 1), for about a dollar an issue.
- The complete run of Doctor Strange: The Oath for 10 bucks.
- A copy of the Doctor Strange: A Seperate Reality trade paperback, for 5 bucks.
- A copy of the Doctor Strange-related Witches trade paperback, also for 5 bucks.
- A copy of the Moonstone short-story collection of The Spider, signed by the interior artist (a guest, whom I knew from various online fora).
I was thwarted in my wish to track down a set of 52, as nobody had complete runs (oddly). I’ll wait for the trade paperback. I also grabbed a “Free Comic Book Day” issue from Dynamite Press that featured their take on The Lone Ranger — it was cool enough that I now want to track down the first 6 issues of their series. In other news, I noted with some small depression that two 70s/80s series that I onced owned, and hope to own again (namely Doctor Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts and Master of Kung Fu) are now going for near 30 bucks an issue for early issues. Nostalgia, thy name is Expensive.
Had a lovely “Cinqo de Drinko” lunch with
Slept in today, and spent the late morning watching the live broadcast of Arsenal vs Chelsea on the Fox Soccer Channel. An absolutely amazing game — Chelsea had a man sent off, yet still managed to come back to tie, and very nearly win the game, fighting until the last second of stoppage time. With the Chelsea tie, however, Manchester United has now secured the mathematical certainty of being Premiere League champions.
To which I say: U-N-I-T-E-D…!