1) Taking the day off from Adamant today. Spending the morning on writing fiction, spending the afternoon on AC Milan vs Liverpool.
2) The brief flirtation with having balls is over. The Democrats folded, and are giving Bush his blank check. Despite the fact that 2/3rds of American citizens want this war over NOW, the weak-willed bastards are unwilling to stick to a demand for withdrawal, or even defining any consequences for failing to meet benchmarks. “Compromise” = “Giving the Dictator exactly what he wants.”
3) I’ll say it, if nobody else will: Nobody cares about your horoscope but you. For all that is good and holy, stop posting them.
4) Lawrence continues its time-honored tradition of giving the finger to the rest of Kansas by passing a Domestic Registry ordinance. I expect that this will become the subject of a right-wing evangelical political/legal smackdown over the next few months, but it’s a nice statement, while it lasts.
5) Am I the only one who was underwhelmed by the Heroes finale? It seemed like they needed one more episode to really do everything that they wanted to do….as it was, we got 45 minutes of more plot build-up and revelations, followed by a hasty, blink-and-you-miss-it final confrontation. That’s it? That’s what we waited for? I’ve also got some problems with the story logic surrounding the resolution, but given that some folks haven’t seen it yet, I’ll keep that to comments, if anybody cares to ask.
6) Got Black Books series 2 from Netflix. Watched the first half of it last night. Bernard Black continues to be my hero. “I don’t know, it’s an impossible choice… I’ll just have to hope when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.”