(as seen on
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I have a small hole-shaped scar on my right bicep, from being stabbed by a fencing foil whose button had come off during a match.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
There is nothing of mine in the bedroom, but my office has a framed painting by Ruth Thompson (“Choosers of the Slain”, given to me by Ruth for helping out at her KCRF shop in 2003), A map of the Carribbean circa 1662, A map of Europe circa 1610, and copies of two engineers drafts, circa 1931–one with the silhouettes of three of the US Navy’s rigid airships, and one detailing the Sparrowhawk bi-plane hook-and-retreival system of the airship USS Akron.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
I don’t have a cell phone.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?
Lots of stuff. Check my Friday Music posts for details.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
A multi-novel contract.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
New York City.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
My iMac. It is my work, my creative outlet and a tool for social interaction, all wrapped up in one stylishly-designed package.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
12. FAVORITE MOVIE?
Too many to list.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
Don’t really have one.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE PREFFERED SEX?
Two kinds: Long and wavy/curly, or short-n-spikey.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
I don’t. …and, while I have your attention: the composition of that question hurts my soul.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Between the two? Coffee. Preference: Tea or Coke.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Pepperoni and Bleu Cheese.
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Not really hungry, actually.
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
20. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
Little bits, enough to get by, in a few. I collect languages.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE PREFERRED SEX)?
22. WHAT IS THE LAST GIFT YOU WERE GIVEN?
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CITY?
24. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?
25. WHAT’S THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING YOU BOUGHT?
The services of a lawyer during my custody battle. 20K plus.
26. HAVE YOU EVER WON A CONTEST?
Not that I remember.
27. DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT?
I think it’s possible to “click” with people instantly….but going from there to love takes time.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
If I was falling in love, I couldn’t control it, so that’s a really stupid question.
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
Another dumb question. 16.
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes. Blondes and Redheads tie for a close second. Blue, purple, green, etc. come in after. :0
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
33. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
34.WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS?
I’m smart, creative and passionate.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
I’m arrogant, have self-esteem issues, and can’t keep my mouth shut.
36. FIRST LOVE?
Cindy Vinceguerra, Eigth Grade. I realized it on the last day of school, naturally (when we were leaving for different high schools), and I remember it actually feeling like being physically struck. I never told her, and never saw her again after that.
37. FIRST JOB?
Mowing lawns for Copaken White and Blitt in Johnson County, on houses that they had built but hadn’t sold yet.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY?
Reading my Friends list.
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Complete repair and arch construction on my feet and ankles.
41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
To pass the time, and because the egotist within me likes the thought of people getting to know me better.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My brain (specifically wit)….after that, my hair and my looks in general.
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Brew Mead more often, I suppose.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
A big debaucherous party, naturally.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
I’m done. Three.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
A knight and an archangel. No pressure.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
No. I wish on the Moon.
48. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FINGER?
Index. Not sure why.
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I’m not really embarrassed by anything….there are some things that I’d classify as guilty pleasures, but nothing I’d be embarrassed about.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
55. BOXER OR BRIEFS?
I’ve worn both. Recently, I’ve taken to Boxer-briefs.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Societally speaking, yes. Pretty people are often treated better. Does it matter beyond that? No.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Unfortunately, I often don’t release it. I lose my temper sometimes, but a lot of times, I just sublimate and stew. Yes, I know it’s not healthy.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Since the sale of my grandmother’s house, which had been the constant fixture in my entire life….I don’t really have one.
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Not really. Trust has to be earned.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Books. No, seriously.
61. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TOY NOW?
62. DO YOU COOK?
Yes, and I’m pretty damned good at it. I should do it more often, but I’m also lazy.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Right. Moving on….
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yes. Last time: Ice-T and Body Count, 1992.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Brainy, beautiful and bawdy.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
This question always comes up, doesn’t it? To recap: “Dad”, “G”, and “Gab” are the ones used most often.
67. WHAT DON’T YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?
Too many things to list here.
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
If I tied them tightly to begin with.
69. DO YOU BRUSH AND FLOSS BEFORE BED?
Brush, yes. Floss, no.
70. WHAT’S THE MOST YOU’D PAY FOR A HAIRCUT?
I’ve paid as much as 50, so I’d say that’s about as high as I’d go.
71. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
Green, Black and Blue
73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
Two left, I think.
74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
I most miss my other two kids, but they’ll be here on the 26th, so the wait is almost over.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
It might be cool to see some others answer.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The sound of me typing….it’s late, I’m not running the MP3s.
77. LAST THING YOU ATE?
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE PREFERRED SEX?
80. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
81. SCARIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?
The custody battle.
82. FAVORITE DRINK?
Vanilla vodka and ginger ale, assuming you’re talking about alcohol.
83. FAVORITE JOKE?
Currently: “What did Freud say came between Fear and Sex? Fünf!”
84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
85. HAIR COLOR?
86. EYE COLOR?
87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
One younger brother.
89. FAVORITE MONTH?
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
The two-hour finale of Showtime’s mini-series, SLEEPER CELL.
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
Christmas Day, usually.
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
Surprisingly, yes. It’s not really a “shy” thing, though, so much as it is a “if I’m the one who is pursued, I can’t be rejected” self-esteem thing.
94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE-NIGHT STANDS
Relationships. I’ve never actually done the one-night stand thing.
97. WHO DO YOU SECRETLY LOVE?
People I love know it. I don’t make that a secret.
98. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU MACKED IT WITH IN THE PAST YEAR?
“Macked it with?” Yeah, I guess if I needed proof of the age of the quiz writer, this would be it. I guess the proper response would be: “D00d, I totally mack all teh F’n time. I 0wnz u in teh mackage. All my frendz r hawt and we r all up in there.”
99. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
100. WHERE DO YOU WORK?
In my home office, writing entertainment for geeks.
One Reply to “Ridiculously Long Meme”
I winced at the answer to question #1.