Here are my ten:
1. D’Aulaire’s Book of Greek Myths by Ingri and Edgar Parin D’Aulaire.
2. A Tolkien Bestiary by David Day
3. Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker by Alan Dean Foster (writing as George Lucas).
4. Dune by Frank Herbert
5. Casino Royale by Ian Fleming
6. Monster Manual by Gary Gygax, Et. Al.
7. Buckaroo Banzai by Earl Mac Rauch
8. Conan of Cimmeria by Robert E. Howard
9. Childhood’s End by Arthur C. Clarke
10. A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L’Engle
I’ve stretched the definition of “young reader” to as late as 15 in my case, but that’s OK, I think.